Saturday, January 7, 2012

New Year, New Surprises!

This past week has been ridiculously busy. In case you were wondering, I work at Victoria's Secret and since the semi-annual sale is going on, I've worked every day all day (except Wednesday because I was sick and actually had to call-in...which I hate doing.) On my spare time I've been trying to get organized for classes next week, which is hard since my Lilly planner hasn't arrived in the mail yet -- shame on me for not ordering it earlier.

New Year's Eve was an amazing night with my sisters and a few friends. Sunday was miserable. Although I love Starbuck's, I have to admit that Biggby is the place to go to help cure a hangover. They have these things called 'bragels' that are a toasted bagel (I love the asiago) with either turkey and havarti cheese or ham and cheddar (I love the turkey and havarti). Add some reduced fat cream cheese and that hangover will be gone in a half hour. Their coffee is fairly good, too, so it's definitely worth it.

I've been such a busy little bee so far today and it's not even noon! I was going to allow myself to sleep in, and, naturally, I end up waking up at 9:00 without an alarm and couldn't go back to bed. I finished all my errands and chores so now I can focus on what's really important....surprising my beau! He's flying in at an airport about an hour away. He left his car at a friend's house near to the airport and believes that friend is going to pick him up today, but I'm going to be there instead :) I'm also baking him some Jack Daniel's chocolate cupcakes (I'll post the recipe tomorrow or Monday!).

Surprises are a great way to show your beau (or anyone!) that you pay attention to what he likes and that you care about him. If he doesn't like surprises, then just forewarn him what you're doing - it'll still be a treat for him and fun for you! I don't know about you, but I always feel great after making someone else happy -- as long as I'm not sacrificing my own happiness or doing something that goes against what I believe in.

xo @SrattyPearls

"No matter what happens in life, be good to people. Being good to people is a wonderful legacy to leave behind." ~Taylor Swift

No comments:

Post a Comment